"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him." -Daniel 2:22
"Do not fear, for I am with you..." -Isaiah 43:5
"...we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion." -Daniel 9:18
"

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pity Party

I have been having myself a nice little pity party the last day or so. Holiday funk. Missing my buds who have been busy with their own families and their own responsiblities. Tired of the life of blah. Sick husband. Weather that can't make up it's mind. Sick, whiny husband and did I say sick husband?
I really do love him, but he can be a big baby! There, I said it. I know I am suppose to be all supportive and sensitive about his every need and not be critical. After all, he has cancer. Sorry, the honeymoon is over. Cancer or no, he is still a man and gets on my nerves once in a while. Especially when you are the only one who he lets in on his every ache, his every pain, his every bm, his every chill, his every hot flash, his every everything!
But God is so good. He lets you stew in your own self-pity as long as you want. But when you are done with it, He will help you out of the pit. I was praying this morning that He would help me get past this. He did.
He gave me nursery duty at church this morning where I got to play with Miss Maddie Prohaska. He gave me a great friend like CJ who wrote me the most wonderful email that said exactly what I needed to hear at just the time I was needing it. He let our daughter send a me a sweet message and offer to help with "ole whiney behind" any time I needed her. Thanks Kim!
Al really is not doing too bad. I haven't heard him complain too much about the neuropathy this week. He has been in bed quite a bit, with the upper respiratory complaint, but that , too is getting better. He has been on antibiotics for a week and I think it is doing the trick. Been worried about him getting pneumonia, but he is doing really well right now. Watching the football game. Not coughing. I think he spit up a chunk of that congestion, so we should be good to go by tomorrow.
We are scheduled to go see the oncologist on Tuesday. Hopefully, we will see whether or not this latest chemo has held the cancer at bay. Pray that it is the thing for him right now. It has not caused him any problems. So, if it will just work on that cancer, we will be good.
He is coming up on his one year anniversary of his second transplant in March-April. If all goes well, he will begin getting his immunization shots. His blood is like that of a newborn. He needs to start getting all the shots that babies and toddlers get to protect him from all those diseases.
Keep lifting us up.

2 comments:

Perspective is Everything said...

I've been havin' a pitty party about the last three months.. just coming out of mine.. So I feel your pain.. I know it all to well... Like your gonna bust if something doesn't give.. Tired of hum & drum of servant life that leads to surrender.. lost in the unknown .. READY FOR THE KNOWN :) XOXOX It gets better.. love you

Annette said...

Hey, friend. Thanks for your honesty. And thanks for your Godliness in the midst of all this worldliness. Keep running the race He set before you. We're all running alongside you. Prayin' and runnin', prayin' and runnin'...

Playlist