"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him." -Daniel 2:22
"Do not fear, for I am with you..." -Isaiah 43:5
"...we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion." -Daniel 9:18
"

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Clean Attic & Bye-Bye Sofa

Our attic is clean! Keith even picked up all the trash and loose socks & such that gets dropped. There is one thing left up there - Amber's toy chest. My sister, Joette and her daughter, Amber have lived with us several times. When she was young, Al was into wood-working. So he built her a toy chest. If you know Al, you know he doesn't like to do things on a reasonable scale. He is a man of extremes. (But, God is teaching him things about that) Anyway, the toy chest is made of cedar and measures about 3' tall, 3' deep and 4' long. It's big! Amber could have played house in that thing. I think we built this house around it! It will have to stay up there until Joette has a place for it or Amber comes from North Carolina to pick it up.
It is great to have the attic clean. I think I heard the house sigh from relief last night. Now I have to finish sorting it all out and burning all the old records. I think we had 15 years worth up there. Thanks so much to Mark, Keith, Kim, & Justin - they are great kids! But it's not over yet - we still have the barn to go. Fun times.
Another God-moment yesterday: Jacob and Rachel came to pick up the sofa and living room tables. I had been thinking, months ago, that if we were going to stay in this house, I wanted new furniture in the living room. So I asked God what He wanted me to do. He told me to offer our furniture to them. They have been married a year and just bought a house. They are our new youth directors at church. Perfect! Our sofa has seen many sleepovers with kids from our church over the past 15 years. It was very fitting for it to continue to be used for that purpose at their house.
God left out the part where I wouldn't be getting the new living room furniture for a while. Jacob wanted to pay something for it - I told Rachel that if they paid us, then I would be forced to clean the thing. But if they took it without any payment - she would have to do it. Besides, we will get payment before this move is over. We will be calling on Jacob and JW to bring the JH and HS guys over to help clean out and move stuff from the barn!
With each piece of furniture and each job accomplished around here - I feel the weight easing more and more from my shoulders. Everyone seems to think we are doing them a favor by giving them our stuff, when, in fact, they are doing us a favor by taking it!
I see God's hand in each and every move we are making here. I see how He is orchestrating our lives. To think how beautifully He is doing it just makes me cry.
Our freezer went to our daughter, Kim and her husband, Mark. It was huge! (do you see a trend here?) The biggest one Sears makes. Our lives have gotten to where we could not use that thing to it's fullest advantage. They have four boys & had been shopping for one. For the first time, she can buy ice cream at the store and stock up on frozen pizzas!
That sofa was a big sectional. It was perfect for this house when Justin was younger and while we were able to have parties for the youth. But it's days were numbered. It has ink stains and holes beginning to form. It is perfect for the youth to jump around on at the Holmes' house.
We have outdoor benches that we are donating to the Campfire Creek Therapeutic Riding Center. They have just about completed the awesome barn, and covered arena. Work has started on the bunkhouse/studio. (Another God project) I hear they had 25 people show up at their volunteer orientation last weekend. We are looking forward to getting this move behind us to that we can help out there, again.
Please join with us in our Praise to the Lord of our lives. Our prayer is to continue to follow Him. We are so thankful that the things He has blessed us with over the years, will continue to be used for His glory, long after our need for them has past.
I will look at each and every item we have and make sure He does not have a plan for it, other than my own selfish ones. When I get my new living room furniture - it could be in heaven! Praise the Lord. And all God's people said......

No comments:

Playlist