"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him." -Daniel 2:22
"Do not fear, for I am with you..." -Isaiah 43:5
"...we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion." -Daniel 9:18
"

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Hits Just Keep on Comin'

Last week Al and I decided that we were going to put our house up for sale since things just don't seem to be getting any better. As a matter of fact, it looks like his boss is building a case against him that will make his firing look like he was not doing his job. This has been confirmed, at least to me, several times over in the last few days.
On Friday, the boss called to give Al a chewing about how little his department profited the last few months. Never mind that the numbers he quoted were not correct. He says the bonus we received last month was not correct. Al doesn't do the figures. That is all done through the corporate office in Houston.
Then today Al's office got a call (while he was at the doctor), telling them they would not receive any bonus this month because they got too much last month. So it looks like that part of our salary will be null and void. We aren't talking that much money, but it was enough to make a difference.
All this does is confirm to me that we are doing the right thing. Putting our land up for sale and looking for me a job. I hope that you will pray with us about these issues. There is so much going on right now that it is hard to keep up. We are feeling a little like Job. The ashes just keep piling on.
But, in the words of Job:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb
And I will be stripped of everything when I die.
The Lord gave me everything I had
and the Lord has taken it away
Praise the name of the Lord!"
Then in chapter 13 he says: " Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him"
That is where we are at in our lives, along with many others these days. We are trusting in our Heavenly Father to provide for us in ways only He knows.
Al finally made his peace with giving up our place to God. We are not only okay with it, we are excited about the next chapter in our lives. Wondering what God has for us in this next leg of our journey.
Al felt good enough over the weekend to drag his smoker and a few other items (with the truck) to a friend's house. We are going to be sorting and packing over the next 3 or 4 weeks. Our daughter, Kim, will come over on her days off to help. My sisters are helping my Mom to decide what she can and wants to do, then get her packed and moved. I know she would love to stay in Waxahachie, but her income is not what would allow her to rent. My niece is checking to see if she is entitled to any more assistance from SS.
There will be a big Estate Sale out here the first weekend in April, so mark your calendars. We have a 72" projection tv that we are going to sell. Justin has a four wheeler he wants to sell.
There will be all kinds of things. I think JW is going to bring over some JH guys to help us get things out of the attic and maybe even help move more stuff to storage.
Pray we sell the land quickly and that I find a job quickly (with good benefits). Pray that Al's energy level would get better. The doc lowered his chemo dose to try to get the red blood cell count up. Let's pray that it doesn't allow the cancer levels to rise.
Pray that Justin would recover well and quickly from the oral surgery he had today. (Wisdom teeth)
Let's see, did I leave anything out? Told you there was a lot going on around here.
We have a plan. That plan is to continue preparing for Christ's return and in the meantime, follow His lead. I have felt Him pulling us to get ready for another change. Well, the time for change is here. When our place sells, we have a place to store our things, we have several offers of a place to stay. We have already given away a few things and have more to get picked up. When God is ready - we are ready to move!
Join us in Praising our Lord for His goodness and faithfulness to us - forever and always!
May the Lord Bless you and your loved ones as bountifully as he has ours.

1 comment:

Geneva said...

Karen, I've been in a funk all day - discouraged about a situation at work. I shouldn't be; I know God's in control; I even know that He is lessening my satisfaction in my job purposefully to move me in a direction that He intends. Still, I couldn't shake this cloud that seemed to hang over me the last couple of days...until I read your post. Your positive attitude and example, your faith and hope in the midst of one trial after another, thank you so much for demonstrating such a Godly example. And for making me long to exhibit those same Christ-like qualities.

Playlist