"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him." -Daniel 2:22
"Do not fear, for I am with you..." -Isaiah 43:5
"...we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion." -Daniel 9:18
"

Monday, April 6, 2009

Moving Sale was a Success!


The sale on Friday and Saturday was a great success - thanks to our daughter, Kim and our friends Steve and Ina. I tried selling a couple of things while they were not available, & really blew it! I practically gave the stuff away! I wasn't allowed to sell anything after that.

There was still plenty of stuff left on Saturday. Kim and, our son, Keith, loaded the rest up on a trailer and we delivered it all to Marilyn. She is a wonderful lady south of Waxahachie who has a barn that is dedicated to a perpetual garage sale. She takes your stuff and sells it, then will give you the money when it sells. She specializes in helping those going on mission trips raise the money for their trips. What a ministry!

On top of that - her husband is a cook (they used to own a restaurant). He is going to use a grill of ours to do some fund raisers for missions. (Some of you will remember it from church cookouts and things).

We got to visit with our friends Mike and Kellie on Sunday, who are going to take the paintball equipment for Luke and Becca to use with the youth at their house.

As I blogged about earlier, these things God blessed us with, to use in ministry have now been given new homes to continue being used for ministry. Our furniture, our motorcycle, our campfire benches, our paintball equipment, our grill, - I'm beginning to lose track of it all!

George and Sherry came over on Saturday. He caulked the bathrooms while she cleaned the kitchen cabinets, inside and out. I don't know what she used on my sink, but it sparkles like new! It was a scratched and dingy white enamel - but not any more.

The garage sale is over, the carpet is cleaned and I am pooped! I think we'll take a couple of days off to go to doctor appointments and get all the household chores up to date. Maybe the real estate agent will have our property listed by the end of the week. Al hopes to have his left leg operation in a few weeks.

Otherwise, we are just going with the flow. Trying to accomplish the tasks set before us today.

Yesterday was our first day at church in a few weeks. It was a great service. The Holy Spirit just grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go! I just cried and cried. But with joy, thanksgiving and graditude. Tears really make a lot of people very nervous. They do all they can to get you to stop crying. But I just loved standing in the aisle after service with my friend Laurie and we were both just crying and talking. She just cried with me and rejoiced with me and made me feel loved. That is what church is suppose to be!

Again, many thanks to all who made the garage sale a success and helped me get my house cleaned for showing. God Bless you all, many times over. I hope to repay the favor at some point in my life.

I serve at the pleasure of the King.

No comments:

Playlist