"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him." -Daniel 2:22
"Do not fear, for I am with you..." -Isaiah 43:5
"...we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion." -Daniel 9:18
"

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Streams in the Desert

I just had to share this with everyone. Remember a couple of blogs back I was rambling about being in a desert and stuff? Well, I had also been praying about finding Justin and Charli a devotional to read (if they will).

Today our son, Keith called to get an update on all things Putman. He told me about this devotional he had been reading and how it really spoke to him in their time of trial. (He is unemployed at the moment, living with in-laws). The moment he told me the name, I knew it was the one God wanted me to get for them.

I have not read it myself, but bought myself a copy also. I have since learned that there is an updated version, so I hope they are able to understand the writing of the original. But, I know that God can bring understanding to their hearts and minds. As He did for me when I started reading "My Utmost for His Highest". Another devotional, which I highly recommend.

Please pray with me that when I present this to them tomorrow, they will devour it as they would a chocolate cake. Then crave more each and every day. That God would use the printed words to minister to them.




1 comment:

Perspective RAD said...

YUMMMMMy ... chocolate cake... :P See ya this afternoon!

Playlist