"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him." -Daniel 2:22
"Do not fear, for I am with you..." -Isaiah 43:5
"...we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion." -Daniel 9:18
"

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Man in the Land of Uz

Let me see....what's been going on since my last blog....
A movie and dinner with my friend, CJ last week. Nice to get out of the house with someone I love like a sister and have lots of fun with.
Father's Day - a nice relaxing day thanks to Al's sister Lewayne and her husband, Virgil who invited us over for great burgers and Wii (mostly watching).
Monday we had a doctor's appointment before going to the infusion room for his first IV of Cytoxan. Since he has had some pain in his right forearm, off to x-ray. Those appointments took all day long in Dallas. Nice dinner out with Justin and Charli.
Tuesday Al was up very early and got some stuff done outside, but began experiencing some nausea. Took medicine for the nausea, but it made him sleepy so he went to bed early. Got some good sleep, though! Works better than the sleep aids. Nausea is not too fun though.
Wednesday Al slept pretty late, didn't feel very well most of the day. Doctor called to say he needed to get some radiation next week on that arm, so I'm assuming they saw some lesions (Cancer). Al was not too happy about that and is already protesting any more rods in his body. I told him not to get too far ahead of things - it is just too scary to think about. We thought we might have a bit of a break, but, alas it is not to be.
Al may not want anymore rods, but he may have to get used to it because this will not be the end. There are how many bones in the human skeleton? The cancer can seek and destroy them all! I realize that he will have his "I can't take anymore of this!" moment - but it's way too soon for that. I'm not ready for that. We've still got a lot of good years. I am believing that.
Today, I went to a funeral in Ft. Worth for my 11 yr old 2nd cousin. He was my cousin Barbara's only son. I had never met him before today, but know that I will get to know him better in Heaven. Our family has been fractured for many years and I hate that we have all grown up, gotten married, had kids - in diferent worlds. But today, although sad, was a beginning, I hope. Of restoration. To God be the Glory.
On a happy note, Justin and Charli are doing well after the loss of the baby. They are moving forward, planning a wedding. I am grateful to be able to be a part of their lives, their healing, their growing as a couple and pray that God will bless them and draw them close to Him.
Thanks to Karen B for her help in getting the paperwork together, the letters written, the vast amounts of information typed up for us to be able to turn in Al's papers to Social Security tomorrow. We pray for a quick decision and a generous portion.
Still no nibbles on our property or a job. Nothing. Nothing at all. I am wondering if I misread what we were suppose to do in regard to these two issues. Maybe I was projecting my own thoughts, hopes, dreams onto what I took for signs from God. So, I am struggling to let go of both of these issues, step back and try to get my signals straight.
Al and I have both been in and out of a depressed state over the last few months. I suppose it is normal and natural. There is ebb and flow. We are trying to work our way out of that. We do put our trust in the Lord, but it doesn't keep you from getting down.
I have begun a new bible study and that, along with several devotionals that I read periodically, really help sometimes. I have really been struggling with all this waiting - nothing new happening (at least, not any good stuff).
We would really appreciate some fresh lifting up. I have begun saying my prayers while laying face down on the floor - in reverence to The Holy One. He deserves all our honor and our praise, for He alone has been our Redeemer and our Savior.
Pray that the nausea would subside and not last much longer. Pray that the radiation would stop this latest cancer attack in it's tracks. Pray that the SS stuff is well received and is complete and we receive a swift decision. Pray for God to shove me out of the way, so that He has total control in our lives. Pray that we would see God in our every day and that He would show us joy and peace. Pray for Justin and Charli. Pray for Christ to return - soon.
Next up - July 4th. Al feels like he wants to open up our house to have our usual party/picnic. We won't be cooking. We will just have the grill out for anyone who wants to bring some dogs or hamburgers. The kids and gkids will be out with their waterslide, four wheelers, friends, fireworks and guns. Water guns, shotguns, hand guns.... Hopefully, Al will feel up to shooting some skeet. If you don't have other plans, feel free to drop by to say hi and visit, cook a dog and/or bring the kids out to shoot fireworks.
Hope to see you all soon.

1 comment:

Perspective RAD said...

I hopefully will have some free time today.. gonna try to give you a ring so we can hit another movie maybe soon:)xoxo

Playlist